For anyone involved in behavioral internet advertising, you know that the rules are constantly changing and just one case, media story or consumer outcry can heat things up in a flash. This session is for anyone who wants to get their arms around the current legal complexities and regulations - and the additional twists and turns that may lie ahead - about internet privacy law and tracking. Help your company avoid missteps that may result in legal action or investigation by making sure you know the latest rules of engagement.
An overview of the current state will be followed with a deep dive into how to minimize risk in the digital domain. Our legal experts will explain it all in plain English and also leave time to answer your questions and explore related issues.
This session will tackle questions such as:
* How do companies use behavioral advertising and social marketing?
* What are the current technologies being used?
* What is the current state of internet privacy law?
* Where is the law headed?
* What are current and future government initiatives regarding online privacy and the "Do Not Track" button?
* Given the ever-changing landscape, how should companies evaluate and minimize litigation risk in marketing and advertising?